Sunday, 15 February 2015

Surfer town of Manly

So my first trip to Sydney was pretty top notch I'd say.
Bus was booked and we were ready to head up to Manly, Sydney for the weekend. We left Canberra at 9am looking like proper tourists with our bags on our backs. After a long bus trip we arrived in Sydey at about 11:30. 

Strolling through Sydney center I saw some cool things, I saw my first bergie, I was so excited about it I felt sorry for the guy and gave him a dollar. Never seen such a big smile in my life. We arrived at Circular Quay Station to hop onto the ferry to get to Manly area, We were set to go. I was buzzing like a true tourist would, my camera was out and I was basically taking photos of everything around me. We managed to sneak to the front of the boat and had the perfect view of the Sydney Harbor Bridge and Opera House. Was quite the experience I must say! After a long boat ride we arrived at the Wharf in Manly to meet up with some of Paddys mates who were taking us in for the night. 

I had basically arrived in paradise...srrn nothing like it before!

To describe the scenery it was a buzzing surfer town with everyone cruizing on skateboards with surfboards under their arms. Everyone is a beach mood with tans and flip-flops on, Then there was me, as white as the foam on the waves with my traveling clothes on. We eventually got to our accommodation in a flat that over look the whole of Manly, just one problem, we had to fit 11 people in a 2 bedroom flat...but we did it

I couldn't wait any longer, all I wanted to do was get down to the front and be apart of the action! Was such a cool place, everyone was in a stoked mood, waves were good and the women...omg! People from all over the world were basically gathered to have a good time and watch some surfing. We went to have a look around and see whats happening. 

After not eating since the night before we eventually grabbed some food at 5 then heading down to the beach to watch Vance Joy play, was a crazy experience and one never to forget. Reminded me allot of South Africa. It was a good day on the shores of Manly and by the time we finished being soaked up by the attractions there was no more time to go for a surf so we headed back to the flat and had a few cold ones before heading out to the town for some more cold ones. Very busy but a nice vibe, after a couple of drinks we head back to the flat to get a good nights rest for the surf in the morning down at Queenscliff. Was bleak I couldn't get any picture of the beach but it was honestly the closest thing I've seen to perfection. We had about a 2 hour surf in 24 degrees water then head down into Manley for a shopping spree...I left empty handed but was later persuaded into buying myself a speaker that I will never regret.

After a decent walk we arrived back at the bus station to drive back to Canberra for a week of work to come. 

What a weekend it was! So happy I decided to go and will be going there very soon again! 

Here are some pics. Enjoy!




Sydney Bridge



I like this one



Theres the proof



Opera House



En Route Manly



Doing the tourist thing



Surf Photogarphy wall of fame



...



VanceJoy



Jonathan, Rob, Patrick



Hurley Australian Open of Surfing



Just surfing vibes all around



Skate park next to beach



Leaving Manly going to Sydney 



Have a look at a little video that the one British Gappie (Jonny Harvey) made to get a good Idea of the trip. Shot mate!




No comments:

Post a Comment