I am talking about a little adventure of ours to a beach in Sydney called Manly...I know its odd for me to say not to an outing to the beach but one day young ones you will understand the terms of saving and making the right decisions....So looks like I'm going to Manly this weekend, sleeping on a floor with 4 other gappies, drinking Goon (Doos Wyn for the South African readers) and eating my new favorite snacks called Tim Tams.
This week is going really well and I am glad. I started off with me feeling really homesick and missing all my friends and family back home but then I realized I still have 300 odd days in absolute paradise...What was I thinking?!, I do still miss everyone back home though. I actually had some words that went through my head saying to me that
"I paid out of my arse for you to go over to Australia, there is no way you are coming home" - Wayne Cooke (my dad)
So after some wise words from friends back home and some indoor footy I was feeling on-top of the world. I didn't want them to think I'm an emotional wreck either goodness...
Happy Birthday Max.
So it is a Thursday today here in Australia and I am heading out in Canberra tonight for a chilled drink for Max's birthday...well the drink is going to be chilled drink, not to sure about Max"s night though. A very busy weekend this weekend that lays ahead if I think about it, I will be heading to go watch the Brumbies play the Reds tomorrow evening, I will be wearing my shirt that says I'm a die hard stormers supporter even though I don't know much about rugby, It will then be an early start on Saturday to Manly for The Hurley Pro Surfing comp. I will indeed be watching Vance Joy on Saturday evening and will depart from Manly on Sunday evening at six. That basically sums up my weekend for now. I will stay safe and stay away from any cafe.
Connor decided to let Paddy shave his head which is a good idea until it actually happens. I felt bad at the time when we forced Connor to buy his own hair shaver that was on a special and we were worried it might break within the duration of the haircut. It is like almost telling a victim to buy a gun before you shoot him with it or in my terms telling me to buy a steri-stumpi before you drink it. At the end of the day it was good fun and we had laughs aaaand Connor was now bald.
This was a just a little post of my week so far, I will be sure to post some images of the weekend to come. Once again Excuse my Grammar I'm In A Gap Year...
No comments:
Post a Comment