I am enjoying my time here a lot but am missing the taste of biltong on my tongue. It was nice to have a good meal every once in a while and not make the choice of a slice of toast, Maggi noodles or even a tin of tuna. I was grateful enough to be invited to the Skacel household for a lovely dinner, a good old pork roast cooked by mommy Skacel. Reminded me a lot of home and but was good hearing all the stories from a couple of years back.
I've been really stressed over the couple of weeks, a couple of weeks ago I received information that almost caused me to lock myself in a dark room and listen to disturbing music. This news was that I wasn't allowed to surf for a couple of weeks. I was told that I have a serious case of exostosis, so for all you none scientific people its Surfers Ear, its not as cool as it sounds its actually really. Don't worry when the surgeon said I have exostosis I thought it was a smart word for a lot of ear wax. I could not hear for 2 weeks, was terrible and embarrassing especially when you have to say 'HUH' the whole time. Was glad to have the support of 3 British boys, a Canadian and a fellow South African helping me out except Max who thought it was hysterical that I marrow growing out of my ear. With the family support I am still alive and WILL be surfing in Australia this holiday.
JONNY IS A LEGEND BROTHER 4 LYF! (written by the legend himself)
Went to another rugby game which is a shocker for me but its always good fun going to have a few beers with the boys and watching a good game of rugby but not when the South African side is getting pumped. I was excited for the end of the game where we got to meet the players although I had no idea who they even where... although I did learn who the Australian flanker was after Mark was bouncing off the walls to tell me that David Pocock, (the Australian Flanker) liked and commented on his Instagram photo #happiness
So I did promise the boys that I would post a little article of each of them in my newest blog post...so I will keep my promise and will do so.
I will start from shortest to tallest...
Jonathan 'Jonny' Harvey.
I'm actually not sure if he is the shortest between him and Paddy but will just go with it for the banter. He is the cutest yet strangest charter I've met. Jonathan wants to be South African with a Australian Accent but wants a British Passport. Mate, you can't have them all in life. A very humorous boy with a lot of energy and is always keen for a good chat. I wanted to choose him first on the list because, well he wouldn't leave me alone until I write a post about him. He is also the only guy I know that has kept a full on Australian accent on the whole night out. I will raise a cup of tea to that one. Jonny is the worst when making vital decisions in life because you will make the wrong decision...just saying.
There is a lot to write about the South Austalian Brit but I do need to get through 4 more interesting people. All I can say is thanx for the laughs mate and the future laughs to come! will be fun having you in the Motha CIty in December bru! Goeie More, Hoe gaan dit
Patrick Boyd-Gorst
A very bright, focused and determined type of guy. one of the three British boys in the house and is one of the two who play rugby. A gentleman at most and knows how to charm. Always down for a good cold one or a good chat about things that happen around the world. Loves beer and whiskey. If anything needs to be done ask Paddy! When I arrived I thought he had either lived here for a couple of years or was just a visiting teacher due to his long hair and beard. I know the picture above doesn't match most of the things I've said, although I do like this picture because it firstly reminds me of Clarck from Benchwarmers (my favorite movie) and secondarily it describes his humor. to sum it up he is a good bloke and a general knowledge genius.
Max Maciever
What a character and unique guy. He does make you laugh and sure does love his hair. He reminds me of a blossoming Justin Bieber, a true womanizer but will eventually make his own perfume. A true legend and genuine guy! He does tend to disappears during a night out, I never know where he goes, possibly a refrigerator. Always there to help you out where possible and very positive at anything he does, cant wait for surfing that's for sure. He loves himself but also loves the people around him which makes him the legend he is! Stay golden mate! I consider him a romantic. Happy now?
Connor Joseph O'Neill
The nicest Canadian I have ever met well what am I saying he is Canadian at the end of the day. The first gappie I met when I arrived in Australia. A very open-hearted and friendly human being. He is always open to do new things no matter the bank account and the timing. Always a smile on his dile and a joke up the sleeve. A guy I have learnt a lot from and have gained huge amount of respect for him. Beer is probably his best friend and a little sip of whiskey at 11 o'clock in the morning won't do him any harm even if he works for the school Sargent. Connor has the ability to break his pinky in his first rugby match, coach tennis when he has never played it, beat me at fifa 7-0 or even go for a surf which I am praying that there are no rip currents at any beach he surfs at. A very good person and always there for you no matter what. Dunnie is mine mate!
Mark 'The Bosh' Boshoff
A little boy who grew up in South Africa in a small town called Grahamstown and now discovered the big wide world. Am so glad he did that's for sure! Its good to have a fellow Saffa in the house with me. A very funny person who I personally think will run away from a fly because he thinks it might kill him. A guy that clicked with everyone once he first started talking after about 3 weeks but once the first word came out he was the new prankster in the household. Not the one for violence except when fifa is involved. Nice guy, good intentions and am excited to spend the year with. Don't change mate! Keep those pearly whites out all day!
So now that you have met the crew. I hope most of you know me and for the readers I don't know I hope my writing of the blog helps you out and don't count the Grammar, that's because I'm South African.
Happy Easter by the way, I hope the Easter bunny visited everyone this past weekend and you all regret it and that Virgin Gym has now probably received double the amount of members. I sure did enjoy the weekend by having to dress up as a Easter Bunny. It was all fun and games until I put the suit on and it was a tad bit to short so my ankles stuck out, it didn't go down with the children very well I must say. It was good fun hugging little kids and letting them take sweets from a complete stranger, not something that would occur in South Africa very often. I enjoyed it and have a tick in a box in my bucket list.
Well that wraps this blog up. Please do feel free to share to friends and family because I want to get famous and make lost of money and provide for my older brother one day. Just joking, just enjoy the read, well hopefully you do. To my English teachers, I blame the spelling on you.
With Love From OZ.
Such Tourists
Fireworks on the Lake
The two Saffas
...at the GIO
4 Fave players, one couldn't make the game due to
him being so romantic.

No comments:
Post a Comment